Great songs are at the heart of every successful musical project. Jon Baker Productions has created original songs for a variety of clients from Sesame Street, to Seaworld, to Disney’s California Adventure. We take the “assignment” (scene, characters, emotional requirements) and turn it into a song that seamlessly moves the story along, and leaves the audience with a musical memory that will stay long after the show has ended.
……Listen to some examples below and take a look behind the scenes at the “assignment” that started it all. Enjoy!
1. THE ASSIGNMENT: Kick off the Busch Gardens Tampa Ice show “Iceploration” with a theme song that captures the essence of exploration and adventure. It’s a story of 11 year old Austin’s physical and emotional journey as his old-world explorer grandfather encourages him to put down his smartphone and “Meet the World”. They will travel to the African Serengeti, Great Barrier Reef, the Arctic and the Amazon rainforest along with some of Busch Garden’s own animal stars.
1. THE SONG: MEET THE WORLD
2. THE ASSIGNMENT:Sesame Street Live touring show needed a song to teach 2-6 year olds about the 3 primary colors. A trio named “The Pallettes” (a mix of “Dream Girls” & “Little Shop of Horrors”) sing this song to introduce themselves while displaying their uniqueness.
2. THE SONG: MIX IT UP!
3. THE ASSIGNMENT: Set the stage for the 15 minute lagoon/fireworks spectacular “MISTIFY” at Seaworld, Orlando about “making wonderous SEA connections” to the sea and celebrating friendships of all kinds.
3. THE SONG: THIS IS THE SEA
4. THE ASSIGNMENT: Write a finale song for the World Figure Skating Closing Ceremonies The song would conclude a 20 min. allegorical ice show about a little flower (the athlete/skater) who endures the winter frost (training for the championship) to bloom in the spring sunshine (the world championship).
4. THE SONG: JUST LOOK UP
5. THE ASSIGNMENT: Rosita and Cookie Monster needed a song to teach the kids that you can make music with just about anything. They decide to make music with Cookie’s favorite thing . . . Cookies!
5. THE SONG: COOKIE CRUMB-A-RUMBA
6. THE ASSIGNMENT: Create an emotional, thoughtful song about the Light that shines in each of us during the holidays for Disney’s California Adventure’s inaugural holiday fireworks show “LUMINARIA.”
6. THE SONG: LIVE THE LIGHT INSIDE